Saturday, October 10, 2009

and then he was six...

six days old that is. and now 16. could time please give me a moment?
my little ethan.
he laughs without reserve in his sleep. (sometimes I even think he is smiling that I am his mama, even if his eyes are closed...)
his favorite place to be is nestled under my chin. (the sling is my new best friend.)
I can't get enough of his squishy little cheeks. (okay, so they are not that little but they are rather perfect to me.)
he's already been photographed over 1,000 times. and he doesn't seem to mind. yet.

my little ethan. I am just in love. which is why I could hardly choose a single image to announce his arrival. you can see where this blog is headed...
but really, how can you resist?





I think these might be the cutest lips ever.








































daddies.





the best.






















it is exhausting being this cute.







could there be anything sweeter than a sleeping baby in a little beanie hat? I think not.




life is good.

and it should be.

9 comments:

Katie said...

Oh no! he is SOOO cute! I can hardly remember eddie being that little! where does the time go, my friend? WHERE? That ethan is so dang cute, i just want to squeeze him! but i won't...because that would cross friend boundaries somehow. love you guys!

Katie said...

ps...squishy lip pictures are my favorite! :)

missy widener said...

I think we did a squishy lips pic of eddie, too...hmmm, and both at 6 days...it is destiny I tell you...seriously, three weeks thursday. we really have to savor every moment don't we, even when the dishes are so high we can't find the dish cloth OR the sink to put the baby bath in.....it is so worth it though.

Beck said...

Is it just me, or does he look more like Audrey? I love the squishy lips picture, too. :)

missy widener said...

I think he looks like both of them becky but yes as a baby I think he looks like audrey though we have a picture of ethan and presley both when they were first born and they look identical (minus a two pund difference...) so basically to answer you, I obviously have no idea what I am talking about....not too far from now your little bean will be making an appearance and I wonder who he/she will look like...( I love that you did not find out...)

ErinDoobs said...

OMG, he is precious!! can't wait to introduce Quinn to him! ... i vote for the beany hat for the announcement... you got a sling? they are the best! quinn "helped" me put on a load of her laundry last night fr the sling (can you say Spray-n-Wash anyone?!). love it! the baby bjorn is a hit, too!

ErinDoobs said...

ohhhhh, he is just so chubby!! i'm with kates, you just want to squeeze him!!!!

pixiedustdesigns said...

beautiful pictures Missy!!

Megan said...

He is TOO CUTE. You make me want another baby, STAT. (And you know how crazy THAT is!)