Tuesday, April 28, 2009

it might just be a conspiracy...

does spring really exist or is it just a season cultivated by our imaginations to help get us from winter to summer without losing our minds....my thermometer reads 48.3 degrees right now and busting out the winter jacket for audrey to wear to school this morning was a necessity.....so I have to ask, spring where in the world ARE you already?! yes my green plants are growing vivaciously and my strawberry leaves have slowly seeped their roots over half of the garden (hello homemade jam...) buuut....

....perhaps I am living vicariously through our family vacation last summer to Tahquamenon Falls just to get by but I found these images when cleaning out my computer and I love them. They are by far my favorites of the 900 some images I took that week because these are my children...their personalities, their spirit, them. unedited little sassmasters and I love them to pieces.
I cannot wait to be in that warm, laughter inducing weather again...and even more so, find out the personality of my new little bean soon to make an appearance in the Fall...aaaah, seasons, they come and go before we can even breathe them in.
I know Spring has to be in there somewhere. And so I will wait in my fuzzy socks and ugly pants for you as long as it takes....




2 comments:

Katie said...

This is spring in MICHIGAN, remember...it brings cold and green buds and sniffles of allergies. Such fun! But then...like THAT...it's summer fun in the sun! Whoot Whoot! Can't wait to see you this weekend!!!

missy widener said...

I forget I am not in LA anymore toto.....thanks for the reminder, and my post tomorrow will prove just that...can't wait to see you either and get some belly shots together! your shower is going to be the whip.