Monday, April 13, 2009

a day in the life of a one year old...

my sweet little niece is turning one in just a few short weeks....life moves so fast, especially if you are on the verge of taking those first steps on your own, exploring all of your surroundings, and taking a liking to taste-testing anything you can fit into your chubby little fists....


my first outdoor shoot of the season proved a beautiful day full of sunshine and even patches of flowers here and there....and could it be? I even spotted a small bee, slow moving, but ready to pollinate like no other.....


I love spring. and I think we even managed to catch emily in all her sass and glory....our shoot reminded me of one thing: she is definitely related to the presman. I have never seen two little ones with such expression....and such determination to have their way....ah, the joys of being young again when it's still cute to have an attitude.....


my favorite of the afternoon...



6871



like I said, definitely a cousin of the presman.....




6959



6941



I really love this one...



6967-1

and these next few, too...


6757




6906


Sass. with a capital S.

6810




6788




6790-1





6789-1





6747






6758






6767-1






6794







6804






6824-1


he loves me.....




6858




he loves me not....




6842





so I'll just go ahead and eat it...




6833





6839





6840





6844





6865




and so it begins....



6888




6909




6912



so close, and so exciting...

6920




6941-1




6956




6971




6978




6992-1




7006



the perfect way to end an afternoon....




7015

6 comments:

Katie said...

oh my word, what a cutie! yes...there is a definite resemblence to her cousin! :) Those cheeks are beyond cute! I love it!

Shannon said...

What a sweet little girl. She's so expressive and you captured it perfectly Missy! I had to laugh at the pictures with the daffodil's, especially the "he loves me not"...that's absolutely precious.

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Honey you really captured the personality of Emily. They are so adorable. You are fantastic. I am so proud of your work.

Anonymous said...

Adorable!
From Aunt Donna

Trisha Visel said...

WOW!! I am a friend of Katie's, I love these pictures! You did a great job. Where did you take these. I love that little path and the beautiful flowers!! Great job.

missy widener said...

thank you Trisha! (and everyone else..) We took them at Aquinas College and I was amazed at how many flowers there already were....it is really a beautiful campus...we also went to a park in East GR, too....I hope the warm weather comes back again soon!!