Tuesday, December 23, 2008

the in between...

something I read from one of my favorite los angeles based photographers ever is haunting me....capturing the moment in between....it's such a beautiful statement and simple idea but too often forgotten, especially when families are desperately trying to make sure everyone is looking at the camera, and dare I say...smiling.

but really that is not what it is all about, and that is why this holiday season especially I am really going to focus on the moments in between and see what becomes of it....our first celebration of the season is hopefully a taste of just that...


I have to say that this picture of gwennie might just be my favorite of her ever...her sweetness is so subtle but her spirit shines through...I love this.





opening presents is exhausting...












tickle torture: part of the holiday fun...








two very different opinions about st. nick's headwear...
























it will most definitely be a white Christmas this year and I am so thankful for it.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I never get tired of seeing pics of your kids...or of Gwen and Holden! Looks like your Christmas is off to a great start! The Sluiters most definitely wish the Wideners a very merry Christmas!!!

Beck said...

These are your best photos, Missy!

Anonymous said...

Dear ML you have very very cute little ones. I hear they are also very intelligent, inquisitive and creative, their grandparents must have passed down some super excellent genes. Signed Anonymous

missy widener said...

hmmm, anonymous, you wouldn't be biased or anything would you??!