Wednesday, March 25, 2009

THE pinewood derby race, defined in pictures

let the scrolling of firsts begin....
My first pinewood derby race but it has apparently been around for decades (I learned a lot of interesting information, including mottos and some quite hilarious jokes, the morning of the race...)
My first "pro-bono" event(can I even use that term or is it strictly reserved for lawyers and those who find themselves singing karaoke to "I got you babe on multiple occasions?) well you get the idea....
My first delicious lunch from Lucy's Deli, my new favorite sandwich eatery (thank you Mrs. Bac! again, free food? I love it.)
My very first mL photography stand with framed images, business cards, and a rolling cart (you never know when you need to suddenly be on the move...think cotton candy vendors...)
and lastly, my first give away- a free family session for summer 2009 that went to a lovely family of five (can't wait to work with you!!) for a raffle that raised over $400 for the boy scouts! (not to mention did the free family session winners receive a sweet telescope...what more perfect prize to accompany it? really.)

firsts can be a very good thing....



the contestants...




the hopeful creators...




the measurement of success...





the shiny awards waiting in anticipation....





we are the champions, my friend....




an "outlaw" running down a dream....





the weigh-in....(drilling and additions were often necessary..)






proud...






the competition (for me, that is...)






even the youngest viewers were captivated...






THE blanket...



THE give-away...




THE bac-mobile (this baby reached speeds just shy of 300mph....where does he GET those wonderful toys....)







the bac-mobile creater had many admirers...




one of my favorite creations of the day....



perhaps it brought back memories of my first pink and yellow skateboard at age 11 with the word "shattered" splattered across it over a broken glass image...yes I rocked that thing, until I fell....once.
sometimes firsts can also be a little intimidating.....

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Missy,
We cannot thank you enough for offering your services to the Cub Scouts Pack 3165 Pinewood Derby. We have heard a lot of positive feedback about how well organized and professional (that'd be you) the event was. You captioned these photos just perfect too!

Thanks again!