Monday, March 16, 2009

Princess Ella and Princess Olivia

Driving home in the warm sun wearing my favorite 80's inspired shades, I realized many a things after my super girly shoot with these two brown eyed beauties.
I love taking pictures of kids. Love it. I love the interaction that takes place not only with what you see in front of the camera but what transpires behind the scenes that only myself and my model superstar get to share. I love when I capture a moment that just exudes their personalities and I squeal when I get home and discover my camera did indeed catch it.
And let me tell you, this shoot was not lacking in the personality department. Little Ella with her beautiful, naturally highlighted hair and bouncy soft curls, complete with an adorable baby face and big brown eyes, was full of it. She made the hours fly by. Baby Olivia had eyes full of wonder and even allowed us to see her vivacious smile every once in a while, but also wasn't afraid to let us know that princesses require breaks. Many of them. And that's another thing I love about kids. They aren't afraid to be themselves around you. No matter what might come out.

I also realized how much I appreciate the sun (the sun is a star that keeps us warm! the mantra I repeatedly tell my son for reasons unknown...) My pale white skin and ghastly legs have always tried to hide behind black fabrics and SPF 50 sunscreen but really, I love it. I do, mom. It makes me smile without even noticing. Oh, and it makes for some pretty amazing images, too.

Enough with my revelations and on to the good stuff. And in case you didn't know, m&m's are a princess' best friend.....



my favorite three, in no particular order....











not only do I love this image but I finally realized what I could not place before....ella is undeniably a mini kyra sedgwick.....the resemblance is uncanny.....you know I love when I discover the celebrity in someone....


























































and our shoot would not be complete without including ducky in one of our shots.....I guess ducks, too, can be a princess' best friend.


5 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my WORD!!! This makes me A) want to have a girl some day, an B) SOOOO excited for you to shoot Eddie when he finally arrives! I can't believe how great these shots are! They are all taken outside!?! Fricking awesome! Ohand you are right...you have a mini closer on your hands there! :)

missy widener said...

actually these were all taken inside, just using the amazing light the sun produced from the nursery window....now imagine what an outside shoot would look like! (or just lighting from your sweet living room window..)thanks for your encouragment as always....

Anonymous said...

You did a great job! I love the thrid one down of the two of them. How adorable! I'm sure Sarah will love them all. And you are right, she does kind of look like Kyra Sedgwick. :)

(Posted by Kim 'cause I'm too lazy to get an ID)

Anonymous said...

these are so gorgeous....you really captured their personalities, you do such great work, I am so proud of you!!
love
-b

Anonymous said...

my comment