Sunday, January 18, 2009

Roman

the newest member of our family joined us this past Saturday and already it is hard to imagine our home without him....








Roman Obbie Widener was rescued from the Harbor Humane Society. He is an 8 week old lab/husky mix with the softest, blackest fur you could ever wish to cuddle with....








Someday he will be pulling us on sleds in the snow (as he is estimated to reach between 70-80 pounds, a perfect fit to our little family...) but for now he is content cuddling on our laps and tripping under our feet as he decidingly must follow us everywhere....









he has no idea what lies in store for him....









or maybe it is us who don't have a clue....




yeah, I think he seems pretty content with his new life....



we feel pretty much the same way...I really am so thankful to have him in our lives.(though I am not sure how many more warm bodies will actually fit in our bed....)

8 comments:

Kastina said...

WAYYY too cute! You're photos are adorable.

Katie said...

AWWWWWWWW!!!!! I am not even a dog person and he melts my heart! What a SWEETIE!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! You have a new puppy!! How exciting. I'm so happy for everyone. Your photographing skills definitely show off just how sweet he is.

Congratulations!!

Beck said...

Girl, you are BRAVE! I don't know how you do it!

missy widener said...

thank you everyone for the comments (and emails)! I know I am going to be exhausted (Becky, I think meant to say crazy...) but it is so worth it...I say this as Audrey is sitting on the floor reading to him as we speak...ahhhh, for the love of cuteness.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful puppy! I love the last photo ... where it looks like he's smiling :) I want to pet him...

Unknown said...

Roman is quite dashing! I’m positive Josie Reese would think so (wink, wink). I think we need to arrange a play date!! Have so much fun during these “wonderful” puppy stages – they end up growing sooooo quickly! Your images are all so gorgeous… Stay warm and take care!

Anonymous said...

He is just adorable. Can't wait to meet him! Love the kids with him - awwwww.....
-Kelly