Thursday, January 1, 2009

a new beginning...

this year, more than ever, I really want to do things in the world that make a difference...I have so many ambitions for the new year and I am eager for it to begin....last year seemed to be a struggle in more aspects than I want to remember but I really feel that changes I have made in my life recently are going to lead me down a path that is really going to matter....I don't want to just TALK about them anymore, or constantly rewrite them on a list that I seem to make every few days but never really accomplish...this year, it is going to be all about living life.

here are a few things that remind me of, well, life...

some of my favorite quotes come from the X-Files, which I could watch all day and night (and I almost did last night..)
"regret is an inevitable consequence of life.." by the infamous cigarette smoking man
"if coincidences are just coincidences, why do they feel so contrived?" of course only mulder could recognize something so simple and profound...
and of course, my favorite ever, "I want to believe..." mulder's poster that I was pleased to see also appeared in the new film, and which I plan to have framed this month for my new room...




whenever I decide to indulge in a ridiculously expensive decaf grande white chocolate mocha (a mouthful that my husband LOVES to order for me..), I cannot help but smile when I read the cup label for RED stating just "do something good everyday", and I really am going to do that this year...and get a lot more coffees with my delicious starbucks giftcards that I am quite sure will last me a month..tops.

and of course my crazy little family...I wouldn't change the madness for a thing...




but I wouldn't mind a child-free bed every now and then...


and to start off the new year, I have booked my first wedding of 2009! I am crazy excited to shoot their engagment and wedding in the warmer months to come....thank you SO much, Kelly and Keith, for the opportunity to capture your big day...it is going to rock!

yes, yes, 2009 is going to be one upon which my life list scratches off a few more passions that I cannot wait to take on....

happy new year.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Hooray for booking a wedding! I can't wait to see the pics you take, which of course, will be wonderful! Missy, you DO make a difference every day even when you aren't aware of it, but I think it's so cool that you strive for it every day anyway! I can't wait for your adventures! :)

Meyers Family said...

oh you're so sweet, my little "manager" ;) hee, hee! fun times!

VandenBerg Family said...

Way to reach for your goals...you give me motivation to try harder to reach a few of my own :)

Jenny said...

I was excited to see you have a blog now and even more excited to see that it involves a new photography passion of yours. Love your pictures so far, way to go :)