Thursday, July 23, 2009

the beautiful barker family

really. could a family be more adorable if they tried? one of my very favorite family shots (and to be dramatic as only I can be, EVER.




having the opportunity to meet and work with such a sweet and loving family while they were in Grand Haven for vacation (from Indiana) was such a pleasure. sweet little Alexandra may have had something to do with that....




she had more ideas than I did and pretty much naturally posed everyone (including herself) without even giving it a thought...now if only she could assist me on other shoots....






love, love this image.



just one of the many hill sprinting jaunts that took place that evening....


I was exhausted just watching. Isn't it fascinating where children get all of their energy from? I think of this often, especially as bedtime is approaching and toys are still in motion....



I realize I am getting redundant but I absolutely love this image, too. see what I mean about Alexandra being a natural?? it's ridiculous. and I love it.

















both a daddy's girl...





and a mommy's girl....






















my obsession with hands continues....I just love how it reminds me of simple happiness I guess...























wherever they are going, it is going to be a yellow brick road every time.




thank you again Julie, Bob, and Alexandra for such a fun evening! your sweet, little family reminded me yet again of what is important in life....that all you really need is love to be truly happy.....and maybe a few fabulous outfits wouldn't hurt either.

3 comments:

Katie said...

oh I LOVE the black and white one of them walking in the water! What a GORGEOUS family! Nicely done, pretty lady! Seriously...where do you get the energy to do all these great photo shoots? I was napping when I was as pregnant as you are! Sheesh!

Rebekah Butcher said...

Beautiful pictures!

missy widener said...

thank you both! it is easy when you have a gorgeous and happy family to photograph...and I think my energy this pregnancy comes from attempting to keep up with two kids dawn to dusk....they require less sleep than I do I swear! little balls of energy, you just wait, Katie....