Wednesday, July 29, 2009

teeny, tiny Madelynn Grace

at 15 days old, little Maddie is smaller than either of my two children were at birth, we're talking under seven pounds here...she is like this sweet little porcelian doll I could have cuddled with all evening...but don't let her size fool you. she is a strong-willed little thing and already has determined she knows what a girl wants....and with a ridiculously cute face like this, I am pretty sure she will always get it.






this image below may just be one of my most favorite images ever. I know, I know, ever, really? because I NEVER use words like that....ever. I don't know what it is about it but really, I could just frame it and hang it on my wall because it would just make me smile every time I walked past it (I think you will know exactly what I mean, Erin....) too bad my baby has seven weeks to go still....sigh. but without further adieu (and much contemplation of should it be in black and white or baby soft skin color, which eventually I just asked my five year old daughter to choose for me....) THE image.






and I absolutely love the joy in this image...especially since Erin was willing to just keep shooting, even after an alien-like yellow substance suddenly appeared on her lap...I adore moms.









what sometimes only daddy's gentle touch can do....




seriously. porcelian doll. with a ton of gorgeous black hair already. love it.






yes she is really that small and yes the flower is really that big...but really could it get any cuter?!





















already deciding what daddy will buy for her first....















perfect little toes....




just plain perfect.





when all is said and done, aren't all babies really just sweet, little, innocent angels? that is what we tell ourselves and that is all anyone ever needs to know....


it's the peaceful moments spent alone with our children when we truly realize what a miracle life is...no matter what alien-substance may have happened to us the night before.

6 comments:

erin said...

I love them!! I love you!! You're my new best friend! Another absolutely phenomenal job! I can't wait to get the CD and see the others!

Wow! She looks so good! Totally worth getting pooped on. :)

Amazing job! Seriously, running out of walls to hang your amazing pictures! Thank you thank you thank you!

missy widener said...

see Erin, it is sweet people like you that make the hard work all worth it! I am so glad you love them and that you didn't think I was crazy to keep shooting and keep the alien substance just sitting there on you...you rock. I can't wait to see what you pick...thanks for making my day.

Katie said...

Another GREAT job, Missy! How tiny she is...she makes Eddie look like a TANK...oh wait...he sort of IS! :) Can't wait to see you tomorrow sweet love!

Anonymous said...

Madelynn is an absolute doll...and such a tiny doll!! You did an awesome job AGAIN Missy!! I love every one of the pictures, and the wonderful way you captured her in every one. Love, Mom

Erin...I miss you at work, and I know Madelynn has the best Mom (and Dad) she could ever wish for. Ruth

Christina said...

Awww!! she is such a little sweetie!

pixiedustdesigns said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!