Tuesday, May 18, 2010

sweet little pixies photo shoot

and I don't think I can stress the word "sweet" enough. there were no diva meltdowns (which secretly, I kind of thought might make our shoot *really* have that supermodel-ish vibe. just don't tell any of the moms I said that...)

there were no unkind words spoken, no complaints (hey, I can have a deaf ear if I want to...), and definitely no drama. (which, once again, the inner queen in me of such insanity felt a bit let down about....just a bit.)


what there WAS, was a whole lotta love. I mean a lot. hugging. making new friends. shared secrets. sweet little hands holding sweet little hands. dancing. catching bubbles. dimpled, shy glances. soft spoken smiles. sometimes even laughter could be heard. (but don't tell the little pixies we thought they may have just been having fun...)

and on top of it all? some jack johnson and ben harper to boot. (curious george soundtrack- you may have convinced me to carry a boombox with me everywhere I go from now on.

now THAT may be just the touch of diva I was seeking.


on with the show! super cute little pixies combined with super stylish, fun and hip (did I mention affordable??) clothing from the lovely pixie designers duo equaled an absolutely fabulous afternoon in the park that hopefully garnered up some lovely images to prove it. cause we were just people watching, watching people, watching we....






























































it's always more fun, to share with everyone...































the talks of the town (aka, a little pixie breakdown......)























































I just know that we are going to be friends....



















thank you. THANK you to the ahMAZing laura and alice tietema (the masterminds behind pixie dust designs). your vision, your creativity, your fabric, LOVE. it. all. I was *honored* to be a small part of your collection.






and dearest, SWEETest little pixies. you shine from the inside out. never have I met such a group of beautiful little people so willing to befriend each other. laugh with each other. smile at one another. accept one another. and share some love together. you are all truly the most sweetest little pixies EVER.


we can change the world. with our own two hands. make it a better place. a brighter place. a kinder place.
with *your* own two hands.






7 comments:

Garcia Family said...

Beautiful pictures of beautiful girls in beautiful clothes! Great job!

Katie said...

great pictures! What a cute little bunch of "pixies" you have there! :)

and somehow? I am following you twice. cuz I am that cool. jeah.

erin said...

How adorable!!! Love the clothes -wish try came in my size! And the photography - gorgeous as always not that I'd expect anything less from you Miss Missy! <3

Laura Tietema said...

Thank you just doesn't cut it!!! You are a beautiful person inside and out and oh so talented!! Thanks for being you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great job Missy, it was so much fun seeing all the little pixies in our clothing. A lot of thought and time goes into the designs of our clothing and you brought out the best in them.
Thank you for that,
Alice

Christina Schaap said...

Adorable!! They turned out amaizing! You, the girls, and of course the designs were absuloutly perfect!!! I cannot stop looking at the photos!

missy widener said...

thank you SO very much everyone!! I feel the love oozing out of every one of the comments!! and without such amazing little girls to work with, it never would have been...
and the designs?? it is so apparent, alice, that so much time and thought goes into every piece. audrey adores wearing them and everyone I know that sees them just thinks they are beautiful. and thank you for the sweet comment, laura. I love that I can do this for you!