Tuesday, May 25, 2010

a whole lotta girls, and a daddy, too...

meet the fabulous butcher family. your eyes dost not deceive you. that is FIVE girls in one family. and that is the super awesome husband/daddy/most capable and understanding man in america. okay, well at least in grand haven. seriously. good thing the butcher girls are pretty super awesome themselves.




hiking through hemlock crossing with this super fun and fantastic family, I realized a few things....
one- I love bridges. actually, I adore them. freakishly adore them, as in I am seriously considering building my own in my side yard for no apparent reason at all other than just to have one. (okay, and it would be a really great prop for shoots. really great.)

two- trees are really cool. except when they have weird growth on them. or giant black ants. then they aren't really cool at all.

and three- I am going to need to charge more when exercise is required. or wait, maybe I should be reimbursing *them* because lets face it, I am not going to get it otherwise.

I kind of like this family. and here is where it all began...

these two lovebirds will be celebrating TEN years of marriage in july...(which in hollywood, is like fifty. at least. but again, this is grand haven. yeah. and we love it.....especially when adorable sisters like this reside here....









big sister natalie....motherly, sweet, shy, thinks I am funny (remember?? you really do...)




middle big sister julia- adorable, kind, tough (hello prickers, like, multiple times), and likes her snacks. (all models do, they just don't talk about it...)







almost the youngest sister charlotte- squeezable little cheekers, cutest little voice, happy, my new bff. (because if you hold my hand and look up at me and smile a ridiculously cute smile, you just have to be.)




and wee little sister iris- determined, loves to explore, big ol brown eyes I will never forget (really. one of the original eight babies. you just have hair and you are a bit bigger now. oh, and I have to chase you everywhere. you move. all the time. which makes you even cuter.)









ah yes, sisters. the best.





















did I mention we had some fun, too? (much of it courtesy of that super awesome dad guy. I think his girls may just think he is the greatest EVER. )

















because he is.



mom is kind of cool, too....









rebeckah and tim, you are incredible parents. I don't know how you do it but you do. and you do it really, really well. you are all pretty super awesome really.





like I said, I kind of like this family.



a lot.


6 comments:

Katie said...

So great! I can't wait for *our* bridge! :) And I love those little dresses!!! So sweet! Great job...yet AGAIN!

Vanessa Regelin said...

These are amazing! They are SUCH great parents! And those girls are amazing! I love these, and I really like your comments on each picture. Everything you said is true. I love my family :)

Anonymous said...

Love the glasses on Julia! She must have good taste. Oh and I love the pictures too.

Who else but your sister :)

missy widener said...

thanks everyone!! they are quite the cute little family, that is for sure....and yes, vanessa, they ARE such great parents. and I appreciate you reading the comments throughout the post because a lot of thought goes into it so I love knowing that it DOES get read!! and wait, whose sister? my sister? or rebekah's other sister?? there are a LOT of sisters in this post!! I love sisters.

Rebekah Butcher said...

Love them! And yes, who's sister...hmmm I have lots of sisters :) And the comments were so cute!

Unknown said...

Daddy thanks Missy for sharing and capturing such fun moments with "a whole lotta girls".
We enjoyed the adventure hike which made the experience of picture taking fun.
The snaps you took are incredible and your words are magical.