Thursday, July 8, 2010

and there were five.

five awesome, distinct, individual, wonderful personalities. one fantastically fun family. of five.
they are the schaap family. and they are one of a kind. because even admist the hot sun and whipping wind (which can make or break your supermodel hair you know.....), even after our wicked long hike (upon which ice cream was definitely earned....), after multiple attempts to "pose" (which if you know me at all, I prefer to just let it BE and then, so be it anywhos....) into a family portrait of five, they still were who they were.
and they were fantastic.



I love this image for so many reasons. because sometimes, the *best* ones just are what they are. and people are who they are.



just one of the many reasons I love this family. ah-lot.

oh. yeah. then there are these three....

brayden. full of laughter, kindness, fun. and such a great big brother. so great. I don't even *need* to bring up his willingness to search the beach for my most favoritest rattle ever. the boy has a wiseness to him that I adore. oh. and he is quite a charmer. that, too.






chloe. sweet, soft spoken and perhaps a bit shy, adorable. definitely daddy's girl. with a coy smile and gorgeous eyes that tell a story all on their own. put her amongst some tall grass? irresistible.




baby lee. with that wispy blonde hair and those fierce baby blues, enough said. way. too. cute. even if he was adamant to explore the beach on his terms. and decide his own shots. and pretty much call ALL the shots. did I mention those baby blues though? yeah. whatever you say sweet little lee.



I think lee was having fun. just a little.












and chloe and brayden were NOT going to be left out of it...














yeah. these three? yeah. they are definitely a bunch of characters. really cool characters. very cool. and cute ones at that.













it just might have a little something to do with their fabulous parents. playful, patient, loving, fun, parents.















oh how I *love* this image. just absolutely-super-crazy-about-it love.



yep. there are five. kind, good, wonderful, fun, loving, fantastically fabulous personalities.



that make up one incredible family. a family that I am grateful to know. and I know, are definitely grateful for one another. in their very own ways.

2 comments:

Katie said...

dang I love all these too! The little girl hugging her daddy? Priceless. Reason #5789 why having a little girl would make me smile. Ahh...I love your work. I wish I had more reasons for you to take my family's pictures! Maybe you can do the headshots some day for my book cover. You know, when I write that book that will be awesome and save our financial life. yeah, that one.

missy widener said...

um, I know, a girl for you would be ahMAzing....just sayin....eddie would be the best big brother....and if tori spelling can write THREE books, my dear, you should have already published yours years ago...(and I really love tori, alot.) I am already brewing ideas for your cover.....