Monday, July 12, 2010

one little newbie

teeny. tiny. trusting. wide-eyed. wonderment. peacefulness. cuddly. squishy. loving. perfection. oh how I love the newbornness of a sweet little life still wondering how it is they are suddenly in this world and safe in the arms of their overjoyed, overwhelmed with emotions. and lets face it- exhausted- parents. there is nothing better. NOthing. except maybe when they give you a sweet hint of their dreamy perfection. and your heart is completely consumed with love.


and then, you are complete. and you wonder how it was the world was filled without her. and you have only just met six small days ago. but really, you always just *knew*

sweet baby julia, with her beautiful, big inquisitive eyes and gentle soul, not to mention sweet hints of a smile no matter how I squished her or bothered her or made her wear the cutest bunny hat *ever* (despite her mom thinking I may just be a little crazy.....)






but honestly, how could you go wrong with a squishy little perfect face like that??
well, you cannot. and julia was completely relaxed through it all. and I do mean very. but I would not have it any other way sweet girl.

welcome to this world, julia danielle. I think you are ready for anything that may come your way.














there might not be anything more fabulous than the gentle touch of newborn toes....


except maybe an absolutely scrumptious pair of peaceful pink baby lips. oh how I *so* love this image.




squishy in mommy's arms....




squishy in a basket...




just plain squishy perfection.









itty bitty newborn squeaks. the BEST.










*love* (and double love the absolutely gorgeous baby headband courtesy of pretty little things....just the icing on the sweetest little cupcake ever....)



hmm.....I do believe the term daddy's girl may just have a place in their home now....just a small one.








seriously. sweet julia, you smile more than any little newbie I have ever met. and I love it.




and then there was owen. gentle, soft spoken, kind-hearted, wonderful, silly little owen. SO ready for his role as big brother.








one of my most favoritest *ever*




welcome to this world, julia.


grateful. joyful. content. beautiful. incredible. love. and it is all for you.

8 comments:

Garcia Family said...

BEAUTIFUL photos of a BEAUTIFUL baby! Almost makes me want to have another one. Almost!

missy widener said...

thanks sarah! yes she is quite beautiful. can't wait to see you and YOUR beautiful daughter sunday!!

Katie said...

oh my word! squishy newborn is my FAVORITE! You are great at ALL pics you take, but I just think newborns are especially your thing. either that you just luck out and get the REALLY cute, photogenic ones. Nope...it's you. :)

missy widener said...

aw, thanks katie! I do love working with little newbies but I also think I really have been blessed with some beautiful babies, including yours!!

Unknown said...

These are absolutely gorgeous pictures! I can't even pick my favorite because they are all so special in their own way! The big brother ones are just so heartwarming because I was really curious to see his reaction to having a baby sister. He looks like he is going to be a great big brother! So so happy for them! And you did a phenomenal job as usual! BTW basket baby...giggle giggle thanks for making her look comfy:) Soooooo cute!

missy widener said...

aw, thanks kelly!! I know, and there is even MORE! I would not want to have to pick, they are both so sweet!! and photogenic....and I made SURE to use an extra cozy blanket for that basket so don't you worry...

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely adorable, gorgeous..no words can describe her. I can see why her brother loves her!!And, yes, Missy you take the best pictures of newborns that I have ever seen. (Wait a minute..all the pictures you take are awesome.) :):) Mom

missy widener said...

aw, thanks mother! I think you may be just a bit biased but still, I will take it!!