Monday, August 10, 2009

the calm after the storm

or rather momentos from a storm that lasted no more than 15 minutes but didn't hesitate to make a statement...

moments after I saw the sky becoming an angry gray and calling to cancel a fabulous beach shoot did this occur.....





and that is only part of our yard. plenty of reminders were scattered elsewhere in case we had somehow missed this one....




but it is kind of hard to avoid.



only my favorite tree ever that provided shade and protection for over seven years...split, destroyed. leaving other large branches hanging there just waiting for their turn to break free...



sigh. which is why only a face like this could remind me that when life leaves you with giant limbs scattered across your yard, make logs and roast some smores....






presley would definitely agree.


3 comments:

Meyers Family said...

indeed my dear, fabulous way of looking at it :) and oh my!!! that must have shook the whole house! so glad to see it didn't crush the whole house.......wow! tim was just filling me in on how bad the storm was.....really, lightning and thunder that bad??? i slept through it all!

Katie said...

Oh man! I agree with Whit...good thing it didn't crush the house!!! Oh...and I slept through the whole thing too...so did Eddie :)

missy widener said...

are you guys the soundest sleepers ever or what?! actually the 15 minute storm that did this damage was around 6:30pm (it was a wicked straight wind that took it down)...we also lost power...then the one in the middle of the night we lost power yet again and I only know because a little child was standing by my bed terrified...wait, how did you make it down the stairs in the pitch dark?! seriously.