Friday, August 21, 2009

an eventful beach shoot with the kenyon family

and though eventful began as an evening threatening with dark skies and wild winds reminiscient of last Sunday's chaos, eventful turned out to be a blessing this time.
sitting in a car for over an hour to get here and then being asked to completely dismiss the sand and water beckoning them to play in it, Emma and Caleb were little superstars for my lens. dreary skies sprinkling us with rain and whipping our hair with wind as waves crashed endlessly had nothing on us. the Kenyon family rocked out their shoot, producing some of my favorite beach images ever and really showed how the sun can peek through admist running noses and dreams of superman ice cream.....










and straight into one of my favorite shots of the evening...



emma brought her flower along and it couldn't have been more perfect.







and a found pine cone really did wonders for Caleb....









images where the love just seeps through make my heart smile...

























yes, love it.



oh the bond of a brother and sister....





























how can you not fall in love with these adorable children?! my word, they are so gorgeous....











we are talking big waves and some serious splashing...and some serious fun.













I love how she carefully planted her flower in the sand with such tenderness...








and of course, one of my favorite family beach images had to be captured...look how little they are!! (the kids, that is...)




and so an evening filled with crazy weather left us with some breathtaking moments, including one of my very, very favorites. ever. seriously. I don't know what it is about this image but it just leaves me with such peace and gratitude for the simple things in life.

kenyon family, you are the best.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I love beach pics! I love flowers! I love black and white with one thing in color! I love cute kids! I just love exclamation points too, apparently! I love it all! Great work, Mis! :)

Shannon said...

I can't even tell that the weather was less than desirable. It made for some great pictures! What an adorable family!